Grognardo

 

Home Page

 

 

GROGNARDO is a small municipality in the high Morferrato whose name comes from the Geman Ragnār and had the fate of forming itself in two stages.The ancient town originated in the year 900 AD on top of the Castellaro hill during the times of the Saracen invasion, around a defense fortification that continued to expand and strengthen as it transformed into a true castle in the year 1200, with a greāt tower circled by three walls. In the beginning of the 14 century, conditions started changing and GROGNARDO came down from the steep and rugged hill and began to redevelop, like a plant that extends its roots in a more adaptable terrain, on the plain at the foot of the hill and surrounded by the fresh waters of the Visone stream. The “villa nova in plano grugnardi" had its beginnings behind the new church, the actual Oratory and the old feudal mill; and continued to develop during the coming centuries reaching one thousand inhabitants by the end of the year 1800. At that time GROGNARDO becomes known as "the town of wine" because all the surrounding hills are turned into vineyards. A few decades later the vineyards turn back into forests, inhabited more by deer and boars than by people. Today GROGNARDO has 320 inhabitants that live serenely immersed in this spot of the Monferrato and offers its visitors all the tranquility of its greenery, its good wine and the refreshing iron-rich waters of the fountain of San Felice at the Fontanino.

GROGNARDO es un pequeņo municipio del Alto Monferrato cuyo nombre proviene del alemān-Ragnar y que tuvo el destino de formārse dos veces. El primitivo pueblo se origina en el 900 D.C. en Io alto del cerro del Castellaro en epoca de la invasiķn Sarracena, alrededor de fortificaciones que constituian la defensa, mientras iban reforzandose hasta transformarse en el aņo 1200 en un verdadero castillo, con una gran torre y rodeado de tres murallas en circulo. A principios del 1300 las condiciones fueron cambiando y GROGNARDO bajķ del dificil y escarpado cerro y empieza a desarrollarse otra vez, como una planta que extiende sus raices en un terreno mas adaptable, en el llano al pié del cerro, rodendo de las frercas aguas del torrente Visone. Detrās de la nueva iglesia, el actual oratorio,y el antiguo molino feudal nace la "villa nova in plano grugnardi" que se desarrollarā durante los siglos venideros, alcanzandolo los mil habitantes a finales del 1800 cuando GROGNARDO se vuelve en"el pueblo del vino" ya que todas las colinas circundantes se transforman en viņas. Al paso de algunas decadas las viņas vuelven a ser bosqųes, poblados mās de ciervos, gamos y jebalíes que de personas. Hoy GROGNARDO cuenta con 320 habitantes que viven serenamente inmersos en esta esquina del Monferrato y ofrece a sus huespedes tanto la tranquilidad de su verdor como su buen vino y las refrescantes aguas,ricas, en hierro de la fuente de San Felice en el Fortanino.

 

Ultimo aggiornamento: 06-02-08